Tuesday, September 28, 2010

For the Birds

While Colby was at the football game, Dalayna got some one-on-one time with Daddy. One of the things they enjoy doing together is feeding the birds. They put up all the bird feeders. (It's only taken us 4 months to do that.) One of the bird feeders they hung up Terry made several years ago. It is very simple with holes for food, and a small peg for the birds feet. It is pictured below. So Dalayna and Terry mixed peanut butter and bird seed and filled the holes with it. It was a messy job, but the birds ate it right up!!! I was kind enough to contribute my Reese's peanut butter. I didn't really want to share it with the birds, but didn't want to ruin my daughter's special time with Daddy either.

Prepare to get messy!!


Dalayna got very messy mixing the seeds and peanut butter, but you can tell she enjoyed it by the smile on her face.






















I think Terry got even messier filling the holes. The good news is it was easy to clean up. I took a bowl of warm soapy water outside, they scrubbed off, dumped the water in the yard and it was all taken care of. I hope the birds enjoyed their work!!







No comments:

Post a Comment