Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 2-afternoon downtown

The afternoon of Day 2 was spent with my brother. We were able to visit his office downtown and see all the things the city added for the All-Star game. We thoroughly enjoyed our day and God blessed us with beautiful weather. This is one of the spectacular views from my brother's office. This view looks out over the city of St. Louis. One of the things I miss about my house in St. Louis was the wonderful view I had of the city skyline on clear days. I was able to see the Arch and everything. I never got tired of it.
More of the view. This is looking east and south across the Mississippi and over into Illinois.

You have seen many of Colby's faces. This is his executive, sitting behind a desk face. He looks good doesn't he? This is actually his Uncle Kenny's desk.


I can't tell you how good it was to see my brother!!



This is the view of Busch Stadium from my brother's office downtown. The Mighty Mississippi is behind that. I still remember how to spell Mississippi!! Mind you, my brother has no time to sit and watch the game, but he has a great view!! If you don't believe me, visit his office and see the stacks and stacks of b0xes and papers!!




I am no photographer, but I thought this picture was important: Three men in my life, walking together, enjoying one another's company, catching up on life. Don't know who the lady is and didn't even notice her until after I took the picture!!





I was hoping for a Christmas card picture, but Colby's eyes are closed!! Kiener Plaza is in the background too. It has fountains and things. Many rallies for Rams and Cardinals fans are held here.






Wasn't it a beautiful day? The true beauty of the day was getting to spend time with my brother!! There is nothing like a picture in downtown St. Louis with the Arch in the background.







There have to be pictures with Grandma Judy and Papa Ray!! Thanks to my mom for arranging this fun afternoon!!








These miniature "arches" are so cool. I couldn't resist taking the kids picture in front of them. My brother said they put them in for the All-Star game. My kids had their choice of another baseball team logo, but of course, they are faithful Cardinals fans!!









It worked out wonderfully that we were able to come to St. Louis around the time of Grandpa's birthday. I can't begin to put into words how precious Grandpa is to all of us. Terry labeled him "Grandpa Fix-It" many years ago and it's so true. He has a solution for so many things. More importantly, he has been a godly example my whole life. We love you so much Grandpa!!










3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these Dawn! It was so great to see you all when you were here - it really made my evening! Hey, that one picture of you guys with Kenny would make a great Christmas Card - just crop Kenny out! (sorry, Ken - you know I love ya!) It was a great family picture of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, the above comment was from me - I forgot to sign it! Love you all!

    Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great visit. So bummed we missed you this time. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete