Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wonderful Neighbors

No matter where I live, God blesses me with wonderful neighbors. A few names are Ernie and Linda, Pam and her family, Debbie and family, Dale and Julie, Tom and Wendy, etc. The list continues while living here:Jim and Jackie
Yesterday we received a LOT MORE snow. Colby and I went out to clear the mailbox(to avoid any more embarrassing "tickets"). As we are starting to shovel, my neighbor comes over with more baked goods and treats for the dogs. I was really hoping to burn some calories, but her miniature cheesecakes were too tempting. I ate all but one!! Anyway, a few minutes after she left, her husband drives up and says, "My wife tells me you need a little power." I am thinking he is coming to help shovel, how nice that is, and Colby and I will actually be finished before Terry comes home. He then pulls out a large gas can and a snow blower. He says he has given us enough gas to use the rest of the winter with the snow blower; he has 2 other ones anyway. I was just floored by their kindness. People like that are such a treasure. They gave us a big blessing yesterday and today since we had even more snow to clean up. Colby and I still shoveled some since we are trying REALLY hard to get some exercise. Got to burn those calories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment