Sunday, March 7, 2010

All in One Piece,All in One Place

As of yesterday, the belongings in my life are all in one place,and, I am thankful to say, all in one piece after so many moves. Unfortunately the moves are not over. I don't know what it is about having all your furniture in one place, but even Dalayna said this big house finally feels like home now that the rest of us has arrived: just before we move again. We are once again very grateful to have people like Ron and Angela show up to help us, and to spend time with us. Also, our friend Frank, who gave up his whole day to drive with us to FW, help load the truck, then drive the moving truck back here so Terry could drive his own truck back. Yes, all of us in one piece and place. Yesterday I was filled with such gratitude that God is so faithful to us, even in the everyday things we take for granted. For instance, my van is 7 years old, still runs well, even with 97,000 miles on it. Terry's truck has 150, 000 miles or so on it, is 10 years old and still runs well, and has made it to both new towns of residence Best of all, they are paid for. That is something to be thankful for. I have struggled with an ungrateful heart for the past 6 months, but each time I tell someone our house sold after 4 months, and there were 5 churches praying for us, I realize how grateful I should be. Forget the job loss, we could still be jobless if not for God's graciousness. Forget the moves, we could have lost everything by now, but we haven't. I have read my Bible many times and thought how ungrateful the Israelites were when God did amazing things for them. Then I realized the finger was pointing right back at me. But each day, the gratefulness becomes overwhelming as I truly think about how much God has done for me. Without Him, how could we have even made it through these moves and job loss? And most importantly, look at all the wonderful people He has put into our lives in the past 2 years. All in one piece, all in one place, but most importantly, with a grateful heart.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to all that, Dawn, and then some. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are such a wonderful Christian example Dawn - I think we all have ungrateful hearts sometimes, but I am so thankful that God still carries us through! So proud of you all and looking forward to seeing you at Easter! Hope you had a wonderful visit with TJ and Amy - can't wait to hear about it!

    Love ya
    Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete