Tuesday, March 2, 2010

House Hunters-Part 1

We looked at 2 houses on Sunday. We were actually supposed to look at 3, but when we arrived at the house, noone was home, but our realtor said there were 3 big dogs running around in the house. She could see them through the glass in the door. We were sitting in the car, windows UP, engine running and could hear them barking. Betty said they were big dogs, and by the sound of them I wouldn't doubt it. Needless to say, we didn't attempt to go in. I also had visions of dog slobber and dog hair, so I decided that house probably wasn't for me. Mind you, I have 2 dogs of my own, so I have nothing against dogs. My dogs, one of them being big, are not allowed to run through my house, even though I love them dearly!! But 3 large dogs, running wild everywhere, that is another story. The 2nd
house is absolutely wonderful. It needs a new front door and an updated garage door, but the inside is so nice. Immaculately clean is a good word, decorated like my aunt Jan's house, country baskets and things, some wallpaper, some borders, but absolutely cute. It has 3 bedrooms, with another possible in the basement, a finished basement with dry bar(we don't drink, but it would be good for sitting at to do school work), and an inground pool. It also comes with 1.5 acres of land. It has new windows, carpet, bath fixtures, water softener, newer furnace, etc. The only negative is that it would be about a 20 mile drive for Terry and no more coming home for lunch. Still, it remains on the final list for now. The first house(sorry I am going backwards) was cute, had an above ground pool, fenced yard, finished basement with fourth bedroom, rec room(including Colby's dream: a pool table), and a small family room. The kitchen was tiny and the bathrooms needed serious work. So, that one is off the list. We know we may purchase a home that needs some work, but that home had too many negatives. We are looking at another house tonight so stay tuned to House Hunters Part 2 tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment