Wednesday, March 3, 2010

House Hunters-Part 2

As of today, we are still hunting for a house. Last night did not bring us to any conclusions. I do have to say that the cute house from Sunday is still in the running. After looking last night, we decided the drive might not be so bad if you have a house that is in such great condition. Here is what we found last night: House #1-older, large yard including an apple and pear tree, raspberry bush and garden area, 3 bedrooms(one didn't even have a closet), 1.5 baths(one so small I don't see how you could fit in there), a basement(ceilings were so low I felt claustrophobic). For all the negatives we saw, somebody will find it just perfect. The kitchen is new and very nice. It just wasn't right for our family. House #2: This is one I just knew would be the perfect house from the pictures on the internet. The outside we in mint condition, with a porch(I miss mine in FW). The inside was cute, very open floor plan, nice fireplace, but the rest of the house needed serious work. There were many places, and I mean MANY where Terry said they had patched up holes in the wall. The 2nd bath had a very LARGE purple stain in the tub, and the fixtures in the master bath looked ready to fall off the wall. Even Colby spoke up about the condition, though it was because he envisioned himself alongside his dad fixing all these things. The basement was wonderful with a family room, a huge room where we could do school, 2 large bedrooms, and a large laundry room. But all the work was just a little too much. So, on to the next house, which will be tomorrow evening. Tomorrow's house is 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and three-fourths of an acre, though it is surrounded by houses. Positives for this house include it is 2 minutes from church, maybe 3, and 5 minutes for Terry to get to work. Part 3 coming tomorrow night or Friday. Let's hope there aren't too many parts to these house hunting blogs!! I have always liked looking at houses, even when I was younger I would go with my aunt Jan to look at display homes, but going through this 2X within 18 months makes me think those days of enjoying it are coming to an end!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment