Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We Don't Have to Dream About a White Christmas!!

I won't be dreaming of a White Christmas. I will have it most definitely.....all 25.2 inches of snow according to the National Weather Service. I took these pictures before we got the last 7+ inches last night. This section is now up to my waist. I did my aerobics in my back yard today wading through the snow. Actually, I was racing Colby and I didn't do too bad for an almost 40-year old person!! It is beautiful, and just like last year, we are enjoying being outside in it. This storm was a little bit different with all the blowing, drifting snow. It actually shut down schools, Dr.'s offices, businesses. Things never shut down here, so you know it must be something. We were even on the Weather Channel!! This snow drift is gone now, but I am amazed at how the snow can just hang there!!

Can you spot my air conditioner?


These drifts may not look very high, but they were up to my knees. I realize that doesn't take much to get to my knees, but it is still quite a bit of snow.









This is the biggest drift of all since our garage faces north, and the winds were coming straight from the north. As you can see, it completely covers our truck's front tire. Like a kid, I just had to go through it to see how high it was. It is up to my backside!!



Colby with the front drifts,which didn't seem to be so high.
















1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's been awhile since I read your blog Dawn! What great updates - I loved your reflection of the past year. It really made me think also - even with all we go thru, we have the assurance that God is still in control - THNAK GOODNESS! I've been thinking about you guys and wondering how much snow you've gotten! WOW - that's alot. I'm not to sure that your cousing Brett is enjoying all the snow as much as you! I told him that's what happens when you live North!! Love you guys and hope to see you in a week or so!

    Love
    Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete