Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fun at the Zoo

This past weekend the local zoo had a special event where you could come and see a few animals and Christmas lights. We did it in St. Louis one year, so we thought we would try it up here. It was cold, but thankfully the winds were calm. The zoo sits right on the lake. We wore several layers to keep warm and had a good time!! Here are the goats in the barn.
A very vocal sheep!!

A Sicilian donkey.


These tamarin monkeys were cute, but I have to say (as I show my age) ,they reminded me of the 80's rock star Billy Idol!!



The reptile house at the zoo. It is not very big, but the fact that it looks like a castle is unique. It had just enough reptiles that Dalayna refused to look at much. The rest of the time she buried her face into my back and held on for dear life!!










Mr. and Mrs. Claus were kind enough to pose with our family. Dalayna wouldn't sit on his lap though!!






Colby is standing next to an elephant skull. It was huge!!







This "big cat" was amazing. It was like she was purposely posing so people could take pictures of it. I was also amazed that you could get so close by the glass. Maybe it doesn't take much to amaze me!! God's creatures are amazing!! I would have moved closer to the glass, but I was afraid she would move.


















This is a tunnel where the otters are. My kids were able to climb in and watch them play under the water. I went in too, but it's a little too claustrophobic for me. The otters were putting on quite a show for my kids.










It is not the best picture, but I was able to get close to one of the playful otters.











There is the cutest bear statue when you first come into the zoo. You can't see it very well in this picture, but I wanted our picture taken in front of it. Terry got a good picture for me, which you can see below.












Another picture of the bear statue. He was decorated too!!













We are here with our friends Frank and Diane. Frank and Terry work together. Frank is the one who made the sign for us. We were so glad to have them come along with us. A lady volunteered to take our picture since Frank took their family photo.














The zoo also offered free hot cocoa and cookies. I was hoping for some non-chocolate cookies, but that didn't happen. Terry said the cocoa was disgusting. I am glad I can't drink cocoa, so I missed the disgusting cocoa!! It was donated by a popular coffee place, which I won't name, but Colby said nothing good can come from that place, so he wasn't surprised it was disgusting. So you see, Dalayna is busy eating her cookies, and Diane is simply holding the cocoa, not drinking it!!















Colby and Dalayna with Frank and Diane.
















Terry (deep down inside) likes me to have funny pictures to post on my blog, and with his sense of humor, said, "Want it to look like I am taking the present from that bear?". I said OK, and here it is. Unfortunately, it turned out a little dark!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment