Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Homemade Christmas Party

We decided to plan our own Christmas party for school. Last year we were able to get together with other homeschoolers from our church for an activity, but this year we are still getting to know people. So I told my kids to each plan one game themselves, then I found a book at the library with a few games in it. This was Colby's game. He set up the "course" all by himself. I thought he did a pretty good job. I took my turn and it wasn't as easy as it looked. The rocking chair at the end of the "course" is mine from my childhood. I also have to say having this big space for our school room is great for things like this.





We used our imagination for this ring toss game. The seal actually became Sonny the Reindeer for these 5 minutes in history!!














A paper snowball fight. They each had seven "snowballs" and 60 seconds to try to get them all on the other person's side.














Giant ink pens for prizes!








This was a game where you had to blow the "snowball" into the trash can on the other side. They were not allowed to go around to the side of the table to accomplish their goal. It wasn't that hard to do, but they still had fun.









Dalayna and Colby actually tied at this game.










Our last and final game was the "Stocking Relay". They had to take pieces of Dalayna's food, run down and stuff them in the stocking, then run back till the food was all gone. Colby beat Dalayna by a second or two, then I beat Colby.











One of our prizes was a candy cane full of M&M.s. This is one of Dalayna's favorite candies. I also figured Terry would be glad to help eat the prizes since he loves chocolate!! Dalayna did not beat Colby at any games, as you may figure, but I gave her prizes for her intense effort at trying to win. You may notice Dalayna's pretty purple shoes. I wore those in my cousin's wedding years ago, and they are her favorite shoes to wear around the house!!












We ended our party with painting Christmas suncatchers and eating junk food. Isn't that the way every kids Christmas party ends, with lots of sugar and junk?




























No comments:

Post a Comment