Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Fun!!

I have to admit I have dreaded the snow coming. I know that the seasons changing and snow falling is all a part of God's plan as stated in Genesis, so I have tried to keep that in my mind, and now that it's here, it's not so bad. In St. Louis I complained because it seemed we never got any, but last year I saw more snow than I have ever seen in my lifetime,not to mention the coldest temperatures I had ever felt in my life. This is actually the 4th snowfall since we moved here, but it is definitely the prettiest, and today we got out and enjoyed playing in it. I like to call this a powdered sugar snow because it lays on everything so perfectly.
This house actually sits on a hill, making it a perfect spot for sledding. We made it slick and it was perfect for a quick ride down the hill. Terry and I even took our turns. No pictures necessary for that though!!




My snow angel Dalayna!! She insisted on wearing a sweatshirt that was too big, which makes her coat look too small. She also loves Colby's old Mizzou hat. She didn't complain one time about being too cold though!! So I guess she knows how to dress to play in the snow!!



Dalayna started the "body sledding", as she called it. She is fearless I tell you!!




Colby had been taking running jumps and sliding down the hill on his stomach, but at the last second, he changed his mind and went down on his feet. It actually worked, and he didn't land wrong side up!!





2 comments:

  1. Talk about a Winter Wonderland! Your back yard is absolutly gorgeous, and it looks like the front yard was just a whole lot of fun. Wish I had been there to play with you. Hope and pray we will see you for Christmas! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fun! Make a snow angel for me, Dalayna!

    ReplyDelete