Saturday, June 19, 2010

And the Arbor Came Tumbling Down(Sigh!!!)

Remember the arbor that leads to my backyard? Unfortunately, as the title says, it came tumbling down. We had a really bad storm yesterday. The winds were extremely high(70mph). We thought we came through the storm with lots of debris, then saw something laying up against the door leading to the garage. It was my arbor. It broke apart in several different places. After inspecting it, they had not firmly put it in the ground, but just 3 inches, no cement, nothing. So, my father-in-law says it would have been a matter of time before it came tumbling down anyway. I am thankful it didn't fall on someone or put a window out and hurt my dogs. I will miss it though!!
Terry took it all apart before I had the chance to take a picture. Our fence will now go here and we are hoping the vines will grow on the fence. Only time will tell.
You can see on the right side where it broke apart. It came apart in several different places. We enjoyed looking at it and enjoying the privacy from it the past few weeks. The one over the patio made it through just fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment