Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Catching Up

I have been sick, so I am very behind in blogging. Sorry!! In the last blog, I mentioned a sign one of Terry's co-workers hand carved for our family. Here it is. It also has our last name on the bottom, but for privacy purposes I left it out of the picture. I would love to hang it somewhere, but it may have to wait until we are in a home of our own again.
We went back to our actual house a week and a half ago to prepare for an open house. We have had several people look at it, but no offers, so please continue to keep that in your prayers. It was good to be back and see our church family and neighbors. Our friends Ron and Angela were kind enough to let us hang out at their house and we had a wonderful time. This is one of their horses.













Here are the chickens. They were having fun scratching in the dirt. Dalayna has been able to help gather eggs 2X now.





Fixing the barn roof.






Caitlyn decided she wanted to be buried in the sand, so Dalayna is working hard to do that. Ron and Angela had new sand poured beside the barn for the horses, but no animals had been here yet, so it was safe for the kids to play in.


























There is always much running around playing different games when we go to Ron and Angela's house. They have 5 acres, so there is plenty of room to run. I am not sure if Colby is surrendering here or what!!



































This picture is what I call a "redneck tractor pull". Terry and Ron were pulling the tractor to the front of the property to work on it. They fixed it!!













This cornfield is right behind Ron and Angela's property. It was neat to watch this combine going through the field. Can you tell I am a city girl?














Many people may not know that we enjoy bird-watching at our house. We always have. There are lots of birds here and we are very happy about it. Here is one of our black-capped chicadees. They are very tame. This one was quite the piggy on Saturday and emptied the entire bird feeder picking out the pieces he wanted. We also have blue jays, which I mentioned in another blog, cardinals, titmouse, juncos, woodpeckers, and today we saw a huge hawk.















We received permission from the owners to burn wood in the fireplace, so Terry decided to get busy chopping wood. Dalayna was a good helper carrying the wood to the "cubby hole" as she calls it. Colby was at a youth event helping to rake leaves at someone's property.
















After we received permission to burn wood, Terry began examining the fireplace and he found a kettle inside. I thought that was so neat. One of my favorite children's books is "Ox-Cart Man." In the book, the man purchases a new kettle for his wife for the fireplace. Of course it is much bigger than this one. Dalayna and I read that book the day before we found this, so she was able to see up close what it might look like!!

















Here is a look at the fireplace itself. It is so big!! I look forward to sitting beside it for warmth during the lake-effect snows!!












2 comments:

  1. What fun pictures Dawn and what a fun blog to read! I love it that you guys seem to be adjusting so well. As our worship pastor always says - "Be flexibale or be miserable"! -looks like you guys are doing the first!!! We will miss you tomorrow at Thanksgiving, but you will be in our prayers! Thanks so much for the e-mail on the kids christmas list - I will let you know what I find!

    Love ya
    Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dawn! Your mom just gave me your website. I loved it. It really caught me up on your lives. You have done a very good job with your blogging. I hope you all have a safe trip home for Christmas. Give the kids a hug for us!

    Vicki and Don

    ReplyDelete