Saturday, November 28, 2009

Scooter Racing

We have found a new form of entertainment in our house. Each night we all, or just the kids, head down to the basement to spend time with our dogs. Last night, I was FINALLY feeling better, thankfully, so I had the idea to race on scooters. My legs would probably be glad to tell you how sore they are today. So, tonight I decided I should do it again to help them. Tonight we added a new twist.... a bicycle. The bicycle was my idea, but I almost ran into a dog, a child, a concrete wall and boxes. You would have thought I needed training wheels. I will just blame it on the anti-biotic I am taking. Ha, Ha!! So, seeing my inability to ride on 2 wheels, Terry kindly took over. Sorry for the bad pictures. My battery is low! Dalayna was racing on her tricycle, but managed to stay out of the pictures.
Colby entertained us all by crashing into the boxes on almost every turn. As you can see he is wearing a helmet and the boxes make a "softwall", which is a NASCAR term:).

This is my "Great Wall". I had to "build" this wall to keep Ranger from getting into trouble. It is almost 2 layers of boxes deep. The cover to the pool is on the other side, as well as the furnace, hot water heater, and water softener. Since Ranger is a busybody, we constructed the wall to keep him out of trouble.










OOPS!! See information below!!





Ranger can't get out of the way of the scooter fast enough!! He did find this Christmas bag good enough to lay down on. He also got hold of some our icicle lights and started chewing light bulb and all. They are now in a safe place far from Ranger's reach. I sometimes think this dog is part goat!!






Poor Remington!! He is probably thinking, "These people have lost their minds!", as we race around the basement on scooters!! See the princess scooter in the background? That is the one I use. It takes work!!




1 comment:

  1. Wow Dawn - looks like great entertainment!! Sounds like your family had a great time! I'm so glad that you are feeling better. We missed you on Thanksgiving, but looking forward to seeing you at Christmas! Brett has moved to Champaign - it was a rough day yesterday, but we made it through. Please continue to pray for him! Love you all!

    Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete