Thursday, August 12, 2010

Blueberry Picking

In early July, we did something we had never done before; we went blueberry picking. Blueberries have never been my favorite fruit to eat, but after this, they are in my top 5. The bad part is, when I have eaten them, they were from the store. Picking fresh blueberries just ruins the thought of store-bought ones. I was in the store on Monday and saw some blueberries. I thought blueberries sounded awfully good, but just couldn't bring myself to buy them because the thought of fresh, sweet blueberries right from the bush was in my mind. If you ever get the chance to go blueberry picking, do it!! It will be on my calendar for next summer for sure. In the meantime, I have 2 large bags sitting in my freezer to give me a taste of summer when the lake-effect snows begin to fall. Here is Dalayna with some of her friends.
Colby was a great helper. He is not one for eating fruits and vegetables, but I think he had as many handfuls of blueberries as I did. Good news: we DIDN'T eat so many we made ourselves sick.
Can you tell how big those blueberries are? We picked 6 pounds of them.


They give these little cups with strings to the kids so they don't have to carr around large buckets. I thought that was a great idea.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, fun! I have never been blueberry picking either.

    ReplyDelete