Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School Pics

Yes, this is last year's 1st day of school picture. I just wanted everyone to see how much my beloved children have grown right before my very eyes. My wonderful son is now a young man, taller than me, with a deep voice. My little girl has grown, lost some teeth but yet continues to be my baby. It happens much too quickly. I am so thankful I can be with them each day watching them learn and grow. This year. A year of pre-algebra(YIKES!!) with Colby and learning about the 50 states with Dalayna. So far so good. We are trying a different math this year and they both love it. It is hard for me to get used to since I taught another curriculum for so many years, but if they enjoy it, I will deal with it, gladly. Dalayna's study was all about Texas where we learned about the Alamo, that Fritos and Dr. Pepper originated in Texas, 2 things my mother could live on!! On to Montana next week.


What a difference a year can make!! The more he grows and matures, he becomes more of a helper around here. We are thankful for his servant heart.

Dalayna is pictured here with her very favorite object in the whole world: her baby doll who she named "Caillou." Caillou was a gift to Dalayna at our baby shower from dear friends, and she goes everywhere with us. She goes to church on Sunday night, the grocery store and waits in the van, even on vacation. She and Dalayna have many matching outfits and someday I will do a blog about it. Caillou even comes to school every day. What fun to be a little girl!! Even more fun for mom and Grandma Judy to shop for matching outfits for these two!!















No comments:

Post a Comment