Friday, August 13, 2010

Night at the Beach-Part 1

The 2nd weekend of July, there is a fireworks display along the beach. The couple from our church who has the home on the lake invites the youth to come for a cookout and to watch the fireworks. Colby wasn't too terribly dismayed that we decided to tag along, so we tagged along!! It was fun. As the fireworks display was winding down it started to rain. Hearing the thunder roll across the lake was a great display of God's power, that's all I can say. It was the loudest thunder I have ever heard in my life. Here is Dalayna in the lake before it started lightning. It looks like it was completely dark when she was in the water, but it wasn't.
By the time we ate, it was completely dark. It was good food!!
One of our recent high school graduates, Matt. Matt has been a good friend to Colby. We pray he will do well as he goes away to college.


One halfway decent picture of the fireworks.



Dalayna loves playing in the sand.




Abby and Zac digging a hole.





Jadon and one of the youth girls, Hannah. She is so good with the kids!!






Colby and some of the other youth playing football. How you can see the ball in the dark I am not sure, but they managed. My friend Lisa took these pictures for me. I knew if I got anywhere near my son with the camera I would embarass him to pieces, so I sent someone else instead!! He had no idea Lisa had taken pictures for me until we got home.



























No comments:

Post a Comment