Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First Day of School

Today was our 1st day of school. I began taking pictures of Colby's 1st day of school when he started kindergarten at the suggestion of a friend. I thought it was a great idea. I skipped last year unfortunately and would love to post pictures from other years, but have no clue where they would be!! My children are smiling and I hope those smiles remain as the year progresses!!I am so thankful for the opportunity to teach them myself. If anyone is wondering about the background for this picture ,here it is: Our schoolroom overlooks our family room, which is great because you can always hear what is going on downstairs!!
Dalayna putting number words in order. She was so excited about school she didn't even want to eat breakfast today!!

Colby's 1st reading assignment. He was a speed reader today so he could go play ball with the neighbors.


Here is a pile of books checked out from the library to start our year. Using "Five in a Row" you have to have lots of books for research. I checked out 42 books total, the largest amount ever. I thought I had finally caught up to my friend Amy, who checks out a huge number of books, but not yet!! Terry just knew there had to be a limit to the # of books you check out. He was really wishing there were as we carried them out the door!!



colb

No comments:

Post a Comment