Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Job Offer

I just wanted to let everyone know Terry has received a job from the company he is currently working for part-time. It is a bittersweet issue as we would love to stay here where we currently live, but also know we could not live here much past December with no job.So we will be relocating anytime in the next month if we can find a place to live. Please pray for our family as we search for a house to rent while ours is on the market, that our current home sells and that God would once again lead us to the church He wants us to be a part of. Please pray for my sanity as I pack again for the 3rd time in a year and a half, and this time we have more stuff!!
We are so thankful for the time we have had here in this area. God has blessed us with many wonderful friendships and it will be very hard to leave them behind. The good news is we won't live that far from here, and we plan on visiting whenever possible.

As my dear friend e-mailed me last night and stated, "God doesn't always work things out the way we think He should." How true it is. The Bible states this in Proverbs 16:9. It says, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." As I have wondered how this move could possibly be good for us I remembered what Jeremiah 29:11 says,"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you...". I also know that God is always faithful in the lives of our family. One of my favorite verses has become Joshua 23:14. It says,"You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed." I know these promises, Iknow God will never fail me, but my selfish nature still allows the tears to fall for what I leave behind.

3 comments:

  1. We are praying for you on this new journey. I remember how upset I was when Mark announced he wanted to move me from Pittsburgh to Charlotte instead of home! But it turned out to be such a blessing being in NC. Hang in there & can't wait to follow your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Dawn - I know this might not be what you or your family wanted at this time, but God is always faithful and this will be no exception! He holds you all in the palm of His hand. Of course, wishing your move would have been back to the St. Louis area, but that just must not be His will right now. I am so grateful that Terry did find a job - that is an answer to prayer! I will continue to pray for you and your sanity!!! Give the kids a hug for me.

    Love Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I had a lot of catching up to do on your blog since we got back from vacation! I am loving all your posts and knowing what is going with you guys. I hate to hear about your move again, but praise God for providing for your family in this way. Jaylyn has added Dalayna to her prayer list that we pray for each morning during school. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete