Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pics From the Weekend

This past weekend we went back to check on our house. We had several reasons for going, but the main one was to check on our house and make sure it was in good shape for the open house. I also needed my vaccuum. There is one that stays at this house, but it is old, and by the time I am done vaccuuming, I feel like my arm is about to fall off. The final reason was because Terry was going ice fishing. They caught lots of fish, and our friend Larry was kind enough to send it all home with Terry. We are going to fry it up this weekend. I will let you know how Northern Pike tastes! He had a great time, though I have to admit I was worried about the ice giving way even at 4 inches thick!! Thankfully, that didn't happen!! We were also blessed to be able to spend time with some of our church family and neighbors while we were there. They were so kind to invite us to their homes for dinner. A special thank you to Norm and Gloria, Paul and Amy, and Dale and Julie for inviting us over and feeding us. It was hard to leave. I thought I had learned to be content where I am, but it was more like opening up a fresh wound. We miss our house, our friends, our church, but for whatever reason, God has plans for us here. I didn't cry, but Dalayna cried as we pulled away from Dale and Julie's house on Sunday afternoon. She said, "Mommy, I don't want to leave my friends." I felt the same way. We are thankful for so many people there and the good news is, we really aren't that far away!! Here is Dalayna with her friends Abby, Lauren and Lindsay. They are extremely sweet young ladies. Dalayna is in her new coat. One of the purchases she made that day. . I told her she looked like a polar bear in that thing, so that is why she is making that face. We also got hair cuts. Colby spent the weekend with his friend Jonathan.


Sunday afternoon, before we headed back, we went to our neighbor's house, Dale and Julie, for lunch. Dalayna was very excited to see "Little Dale." It was all she worried about after we made our plans. She and Dale are about the same age, and they are good buddies. They decided to play a game of football. Dalayna is a girly-girl in every way, but she will never shy away from wrestling and rough play either!!






Terry and Dalayna team up against Dale and Colby.




Terry helping Jacob to make a basket. Jacob is about 14 months old. We had not seen him since November, so I was amazed by all the things he can do now!!





I decided to do something different with my hair. I decided to add a touch of red. I have seen it on other people and it looks so nice. It is very subtle, but I like it. Terry would like to see more of the red, but I don't know if I can do that after all these years of being blondish!! A special thank you to Kim, our hairdresser, to take time out of her Saturday for us.






This is one of the things Dalayna bought with her money. I bought a blue one with sparkly sequins on it, so we thought we might get purses that match in that way. Isn't it cute? She is quite the shopper. She knows exactly what she wants and she makes sure she gets the most for her money. I am teaching her well aren't I? We had lots of fun shopping, though I wish I had found more for myself!!







1 comment:

  1. Nice red! :-) I'm so glad that God gave you such great friendships when you had to leave STL. I'm positive He is going to continue to bless your faithfulness with great friendships where you are now. I'm sure it continues to be difficult though. We continue to pray for you. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete