Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow, Snow and More Snow!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe next year I won't be so shocked by all the snow, but for now all I can do is laugh and think to myself "Unbelievable". I am from a place where if you got a little snow, it made you happy because you didn't see that much. Here it seems there is an invisible snow machine, and like the Energizer bunny, it keeps "going, and going, and going!!" The local weather service estimates that we recieved between 19 and 21 inches last weekend. This Wednesday we had no snow, but that was the first day of this year with no snow. The break didn't last long. It started in yesterday morning, again, and we probably received 3-4 inches. Then, last night we received another 1-2 inches. Needless to say, in some places the snow is up to Terry's knees. I was thinking I would actually get to go spend some of my Christmas money this weekend, but it is snowing again, and they are calling for 10-20 inches between now and tomorrow evening. So, I think I will be sitting by the fire reading a book instead of walking the mall. I just have to laugh because it just surprises me that this much snow falls to the ground!! It may be up to my hips by the time it's over!! The good news is that Terry, Colby and I are getting plenty of exercise shoveling snow. I have spent approximately 4.5 hours shoveling snow in the past week. One of my goals was to get back to exercising somehow, until it is warm enough to ride my bike again. I think I have burned enough calories I deserve a big piece of cheesecake from somewhere the next time I can actually leave my house!!

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up on your family. I was wondering about the snow. We just have about 6in on the ground here. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. We didn't have a school Christmas party here. Somehow that didn't get into the plan. Looks like you did a great job having one with the three of you! Well, enjoy the snow! I will be sending your GWN out to you in the next couple of days.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Although, maybe the excitement is now gone and you are having cabin fever! :-) Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete