Friday, January 29, 2010

The 100th Day of School

We had our 100th day of school earlier this week. You are required to do a certain amount of days, so that is why I keep track. Anyway, we did a few out-of-the-ordinary things. Below is a picture of 100 pennies we counted out. Some are real, some are play pennies. We also had a contest to see who could write their name the most times in 100 seconds. I came in first at 17 times. I think Colby wrote his 12, and Dalayna wrote hers 5.5, which I thought was pretty good for a 5 year old. It was your first and last name, and of course hers is the longest of all!!
$100.00 in play money.

We popped a bag of microwave popcorn and Dalayna counted out 100 pieces of popcorn. The picture below shows the amount, and it's not much. Once she was done counting, she dumped the whole bag in the bowl, because 100 just wasn't enough to eat. I had to agree!!






We took 100 pattern blocks and made a picture together. Colby counted to make sure we had exactly 100.




We made a crown for Dalayna and we(yes, I helped because 100 is a LOT of stamping) stamped it 100 times. It is a rather large crown, but it had to be to fit 100 stamps on. You can get a better picture of all the stamps in the picture below.












I told Dalayna to think of what she would buy with $100.00. This is her list. Notice candy is on there twice. It would have been more fun to actually spend $100.00 at the store, but since we were unable to do that we will look ahead to next year. Maybe we can save $100.00 in pennies and take a field trip to spend it:)!!







2 comments:

  1. What fun! Wish we would have done something like that when I was in school. I like the idea of some comfy $10.00 flip-flops! Grandma is sending 100 hugs and kisses to Colby and Dalayna! Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww - I love Dalayna's list - especialy the purse idea - a niece after my own heart!!! She an go shopping with me anytime!!!

    Love you all
    Aunt Deb

    ReplyDelete